The IDEAS consortium brings together organisations from 5 countries across Europe. Each partner is active in the field of Equity in Higher Education and all have a longstanding and successful record of European collaboration projects. In IDEAS, they have come together to contribute in creating a more equitable European Higher Education Area:
- The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations (TIHR) is an independent social science research, consultancy and training organisation. Through its’ participation in IDEAS, it contributes towards its’ mission of improving equity in social systems. T
- The European Student’s Union (ESU) is the representative body of students in Europe. ESU has been working on the Social Dimension and Equity in HE for many years (having also participated in EQUNET and other similar projects). Their policy development on this topic as well as their network is imperative to the success of the project.
- The Knowledge Innovation Centre – Malta (KIC Malta) is providing specially developed expertise in analysis and management skills with the emphasis on unique competences in dissemination processes.
- ECHO is a centre of knowledge, advice and innovation with the primary objective to increase the participation of ethnic minorities in higher education and to improve successful completion among ethnic minority students. Their work on this topic, as an organisation directly involved in breaking down barriers that cause inequity, is valuable both for input and analysis.
- EURASHE is an umbrella representative organisation of higher education institutions that offers professional programmes and has a unique role in the development of European policy promoting equitable access to HE, as well as through its membership network, influence development of that topic on national and regional levels. EURASHE reflects in-depth expertise in the field of professional education from policy and practice perspective, strong membership character, sound skills in supporting its members and comprehensive competences in coordinating large, international projects.